Monday, November 9, 2009

The School

I decided to take a ride to the school instead of the Louvre since the forecast was for a sunny day. I wanted to see the best route for my daily commute. As I had read in other references, the school is located on a very nondescript street, with a humble curbside presence. Here is the glassed front. I ventured inside and asked if a tour was possible. I was lucky because today was a staff day since the school was in between terms. The only people there were part of a 3 day workshop. So, one of the staff members was kind enough to take me for a tour. It is an amazingly small and humble school given the magnitude of its reputation. Below are pictures of one of the kitchens. I discovered that there will be 30 people in my class when I begin on Tuesday.



Demonstration Room

For the astute observer, you'll notice that the stoves are electric!!! Yes, electric. I had read this in Kathleen Flinn's book and in some blogs about the school. The reason are mostly for safety. There are 4 kitchens. I believe 3 of them hold 10 students and the other holds 20. Each has a two sided counter in the middle with individual stove/oven behind each station. It was exciting getting a glimpse of the school.


No comments:

Post a Comment