Sunday, November 8, 2009

Le Marais

Sunday, a day to let my feet and body heal from all of the walking the last few days. That was the plan, but you can go a little stir crazy in such a small apartment. So, an hour before dusk I decided on a short walk to explore what is nearby my apartment. I am located in the northern tip of the 3rd Arrondisement or Le Marais on Rue De Temple. I decided on Place Des Vosges as my destination which is famed for its perfectly symmetrical four sided square of buildings which encloses a park as well as the location of Victor Hugo's house. I was surprised to find it a lively place with cafes and galleries on all four sides. This is a picture of one of the corners as viewed from the center of the park.

I decided to walk back along Rue des Francs Bourgeois

which turned out to be THE street to walk on a Sunday with all of its trendy shops and boutiques. It was a street to see and be seen. LOTS of people were on this narrow street...so much so that cars could not access the street. All of this was a 15 minute walk from my apartment. Below is a picture of this street (click on the picture for a blown up view to get the full effect of the mob scene).  An easy walk for an easy day. I hope to hit the Louvre tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment