Sunday, November 1, 2009

Off to Le Cordon Bleu

I'm leaving today for Paris!  I am very excited about the upcoming adventures..and even excited to tackle the many frustrations that will invariably come my way the next two months. But, I leave with mixed feelings. This happens to be a beautiful time of the year in the wine country as the leaves slowly change, the smell of crushed grapes permeates the town, and the weather is beautiful with skies that defy the onset of winter. I will miss it all. I want to thank all of my friends and my mom for being so supportive and sending me off with lots of positive energy. I have received lots of emails and last minute phone calls from many of my friends wishing me luck. 

Last night I was given an informal sendoff by Beth, Ray & Kimberly, and Tommy & Irene at the Carneros Lodge Restaurant. (I was honored by the rare Tommy sighting). We had great food, and wine. With their collective life and professional wisdom, I received lots of great tips and pointers ranging from tidbits about Paris, school, and cooking,  to access to Tommy's Secret Service network in Paris in case I find myself in the middle of some international crisis.

Anyway...THANKS everyone. I am lucky to have such great family and friends. I'll do my best to keep the blog updated as time permits. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment