Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Paris!

I’m in Paris! After a bit of airline misfortune, I finally arrived to a foggy and drizzly Paris on Tuesday 3rd. I was met by the landlord’s nephew who was kind enough to greet me with some badly needed pastries and juice. I spent the first day just getting settled and sleeping. My first “ real" day is today and was spent exploring Ile De La Cite' and its noteworthy sights (Notre-Dame, Conciergeire, and Saint-Chapelle). I also managed a nice walk through Tulileries and Place De La Concorde since it was a rare sunny day. 


Can you find me?

I ended the day with a grocery shopping spree at the Monoprix. It was an experience since all of the products are so different from what we have at home. The French labels, unfamiliar products, store layout.....all of it will become my new normal but will take some time to acclimate. It took me a while to find all of the things I needed. I am trying my best to use my French without being embarrassed.




No comments:

Post a Comment