Tuesday, December 22, 2009

One Week After

I am still in Paris and LCB seems like eons ago already. It's a strange phenomenon how suddenly it all came to an end. I am 
assuming most everyone is back home by now for the Holidays with their families. I had an opportunity to see Will and Eduardo for dinner this past Saturday when they Joined me for dinner in the Republique area. I think Will, Eduardo, Manuel, Christos, Kelsey (Maybe), Wen Bo, and Allis are all still here in Paris. I heard from Alan who is having a bit of culture shock adjusting to Texan cuisine after Paris.


Sjoerd and Jayne were able to come by Friday afternoon for drinks before heading back to Amsterdam on Saturday. I didn't realize it before, but Sjoerd will be taking the Superior Cuisine course in March 2010 alongside those of my classmates who will be continuing on with the Diplome de Cuisine. I am thrilled because I will be able to follow everyone on Sjoerd's blog. So, for the classmates who thought that they had lost their blogger, they have now gained a new one for Superior! The following classmates will be going on:

Wen Bo
Jennifer
Kelsey (Pastry)
Yuka
Yolnada
Mateus
Eduardo
Will
Jorge
Christos
Tanya

I packed my knives and uniforms away today in preparation for flying out on Saturday. Oddly enough I have not even had the urge to cook. If I can't do it with a white cutting board, ingredient tray, and having Wen Bo across from me, it hardly seems worth it right now. Oh well, I am sure I'll get over it. It truly was a great opportunity to be a kid once again and play school. Soon I'll have to return to wintry landings at JFK, deicing, and the stresses of the airline profession. I am very lucky to have had this experience.

Happy Holidays everyone!

(Pictured above is Galeries Lafayette)

No comments:

Post a Comment