Monday, June 6, 2011

Le Cordon Bleu London

I was in London last week, so naturally I decided to pay a visit to the London campus of Le Cordon Bleu. Similar to the Paris school, it is located on a narrow side street in a humble non-descript building. It looked even smaller than the Paris LCB if that's possible. For some reason I  had expected this school to be bigger. Upon entering I went to the receptionsist to ask a few questions. I told her that I had attended LCB in Paris, and asked if it was possible for me to either tour the school or, even better, sit in on a demo. She wasn't impressed with my alumni status. In fact, she was kind of a snotty young girl with an attitude and seemed to be annoyed that I was bothering her. Not that I expected the red carpet, but come on! At least be a little polite.

I asked about the number of kitchens. Three plus a pastry kitchen and a boulangerie. One of the demo rooms was visible directly from the reception office. It was packed with students and looked very cramped. Not sure why LCB does not invest in more spacious facilities.

The receptionist did give me the card for the sales and marketing administrator to make my special request. They do provide tours, but they must be arranged in advance. However, unlike the Paris LCB where anyone can pay to sit in on a demo, the London campus does not allow it. I'm coming back next week, maybe I'll try again. It would be nice to see one of their Intermediate demos to compare the quality and style of instruction with that of the Paris school.

No comments:

Post a Comment