Saturday, February 5, 2011

Winery cooking demo

Another winery event brought a call form the Chef. This was the big annual event for the winery with a couple of thousand guests expected to enjoy the release of the winery's flagship wine. Included in this festive faire were 5 prominent local Napa Valley Chefs each providing a demo as well as cooking representative food from their respective restaurants for the crowd. I wasn't sure what my duties would be when I arrived. It was great seeing everyone again. The winery chefs are all from other restaurants or just free lancers who come together as a team for events such as this. As it turns out, only 2 of the group was assigned to actually cook. They cooked the family meal for the over 200 employees who were hired for this event. My duties were to assist the 5 restaurant chefs with their demos. I was to serve as their liaison to the winery's kitchen and equipment. The great thing about this assignment was that I met and briefly worked with each of the 5 Chefs! Very cool. Here I am with the Winery Chef waiting to greet the 5 Chefs as they arrive with their crew and equipment. Beyond that, my duties were to generally assist with the event form dealing with people, fielding food questions from the crowd, equipment, assembly/disassembly of some cooking stations, etc...No cooking but a fun event.

A few pics from the event:




Michelin Starred Chef Ken Frank of La Toque
How to properly cook meat in a pan


Chef/Owner Donna Scala and Executive Chef Scott Warnerworking the Bistro Don Giovanni's setup

No comments:

Post a Comment