Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A cooking Hiatus

I have a new assignment with my airline job which has brought me to Dallas/Ft Worth for 6 weeks of training to become qualified on the B-777. Although great news in terms of my airline career, it translates to 6 weeks away from cooking at home, at the restaurant, and the winery. I am trying to adjust to the "lovely" cuisine in Irving, Texas (so I'm not really in Dallas, but nearby, or else the food choices would be better). This is the land of everything LARGE to include waist lines, the number of electronic devices strapped to people's belts, hairdos, food portions, and the amount of batter glooped on to all foods and vegetables. And, why do people from Texas always have to announce that they're from Texas? Get me outtttta here!

No comments:

Post a Comment