Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Le Cordon Bleu Intermediate Cuisine in November

Well, after lots of tormented thought, envy, and the desire to complete the program, I signed up for Intermediate Cuisine for the Intensive session in November. I think talking to my friend Sjoerd who just began Superior and reading my old classmate Will's latest blog entry put me over the hump of making this decision. Unfortunately, all of my friends will be long gone from LCB by then, but there will be new people to meet and maybe some of the old classmates will remain with jobs in Paris. Additionally, I will try to talk a few of my Basic Cuisine classmates (who did not continue) to consider coming as well...if you're reading this Alan! The focus of Intermediates is regional cuisine and a continuation of building on the skills learned in Basic Cuisine. This was a big decision mostly because Intermediates on its own is not the goal. The goal would be to continue on with Superior Cuisine and earn the Diplome de Cuisine. Recently LCB Paris began offering Superior in an intensive format which makes all the difference for me with my full time job. The 5 weeks intensive format works much better for me than the normal 11 week duration.

I wish November 15 was tomorrow, but this time will allow me the chance to save some money, practice my French, and work on my kitchen skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment