Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pumpkins....What to do??

My garden is full of pumpkins and it's time to put them to use.

So, what can you do with all of the pumpkins after Halloween? There are many dishes you can make with the pumpkin, but here are a couple of savory ideas:

I wanted to make some savory dishes that all began with the same process of baking the pumpkins first. So I decided to get started with baking the pumpkin while I thought about what to make.





Preheat oven to 350

-Cut pumpkin into manageable sections
-remove soft flesh and seeds (set aside the seeds if you like baked seeds for later use)
-Place pumpkin sections on a sheet tray and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
-Place in oven and cook until the flesh is easily pierced with a fork and it is cooked
-Allow pieces to cool
-with a spoon, dig out the pumpkin flesh and place in a bowl. As you add to the bowl, you may notice some pumpkin juice accumulating in the bowl. Do not drain it as we'll be using the juice in on the dishes below.




I came up with cream of pumpkin soup, pumpkin risotto and pumpkin ravioli. Check out my next post for the ravioli recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment